A Warm Welcome from Dr. Syb Pongracic
I am a registered clinical psychologist offering evidence-based psychological assessments, interventions to treat a variety of different mental illnesses, and consultation services.
I offer virtual assessment and therapy sessions, including EMDR. Clients surveyed in research studies rated that telepsychology was as effective as in-person sessions and found the online modality highly convenient.
Psychoeducational assessments are offered in person with our clinic's psychometrist in consultation with Dr. Pongracic.
Group Therapy: I facilitate group therapy for insomnia, ADHD, anxiety, and depression.
Diagnostic Services: I specialize in assessing and diagnosing complex mental health disorders, including personality disorders, ADHD, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
I provide psychodiagnostic assessments to diagnose mental health disorders such as:
- Depressive disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Substance use disorders
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Psychoeducational assessments involve cognitive testing and are used to identify and diagnose learning disabilities and neurodevelopmental disorders (e.g., ADHD).
I provide individual psychotherapy for a wide range of emotional difficulties, insomnia, mental illnesses, and relationship/work problems.
I am a registered WSIB provider and work with individuals who suffered work-related injuries (e.g., psychotraumatic stress) to assist with returning to work. I also assist individuals who are on short-term or long-term disability to recover and transition back to occupational functioning.
Supervision & Consultation Services
- Supervision: I supervise doctoral students and supervised-practice psychologists
- Consultation: I provide consultations to institutions and companies and am webinars for corporate wellness programs.
- I am a consulting psychologist for the Teladoc/Best Doctor's program, where I provide internet-based assessments and psychotherapy to assist individuals to return to work. I am a member of the national clinical leadership team with the Best Doctor's group.
In my past role as a psychologist at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in the government-funded Ontario Structured Psychotherapy Program (OSP), I provided consultation and training to allied mental health professionals in the provision of group psychotherapy employing Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) for Mood and Anxiety Disorder (e.g., Depression, Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Specific Phobia), and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.